Thursday, July 20, 2017

#TBT Party Time Card Kit Revamp!

handmade card diycard cardmaking clear stamps


I love a good challenge, and sometimes it takes an outside eye to see things differently. 

So from time to time I get a chance to play along with the ladies over at the Color My Heart Color Dare blog for the weekly challenge.  This is definitely a fun group, and by participating, it will get you out of your comfort zone! These are colors taken from the Prickly Pear Collection (that's the featured paper for the month of July with Close To My Heart #CTMHPricklyPear if you create something and let us know!) Right from the start I fell in love with this collection because the colors were so bright and cheery! The Color Dare #252 included colors from Prickly Pear and they added Raspberry and Silver to give it a different perspective, and in my opinion, it totally works! Join in on the fun, get your artwork created and linked on their blog by 10pm tonight! Good luck!


Immediately when I saw this color palette, I knew I could use the Workshop Your Way "Party Time" Card Making Kit!  If you remember seeing my Instagram post, I created those cards when it first came out, back in October.  For this project, I used my scraps that were left over!  The kit is only $19.95 until the end of July or while supplies last.

Want to recreate this card?  Or something similar to it?

How-To Instructions/Dimensions:
Cut all pieces according to Supply list below. (*Note, at the time of the blog post, the Raspberry Heart B&T sold out, but can very easily be substituted with plain Raspberry Cardstock)


Next you will stamp and heat emboss the image on the 4" square cardstock.



Once your image is completely heat set, go ahead and sit that to the side.

Next, you can begin your assembly!  I wanted there to be a border and a thin strip, so there's a method to my madness. You'll notice the Black Dot paper (which in the kit is the opposite side of the large Purple Circles), is cut slightly larger than what is visible on the card, so building from the bottom up (see photos below)


And then you can add the dove-tailed Emerald and Sea Glass pieces, Bitty Sparkles and whatever sentiment you have chosen for your card (I diecut "Happy Birthday" out in two colors, once in Raspberry and the second in Black!



Visit my website to see available Thin Cuts (wafer thin metal die cuts you can use in your Big Shot, CuttleBug or other die cutting machine) if you don't already have your own favorite sentiment...

Supply List:

*Raspberry Heart B&T   4" x 5 1/4"
Black Dot B&T               4" x 3/4"  (x2)
Emerald Cardstock          3 3/4" x 1"
Sea Glass Cardstock        3 1/2" x 3/4"
Black Cardstock              4" x 4"
"Exotic Flower Flair" My Acrylix Stamp (B1477)
Thin Cuts - Happy Birthday (Z3304)
Bitty Sparkles
Raspberry Cardstock
Versamark Stamp Pad by Tsukineko
Silver Embossing Powder by Ranger
Craft Heat Tool
Your favorite adhesive
Recommended My Acrylix® block:
4" × 5" (Y1012)
Workshops Your Way Party Time Cardmaking Kit (OPTIONAL; However, it includes all supplies to create 10 cards w/ envelopes and FREE stamp set to create cards for Birthday or Invitations **Does NOT include Exotic Flower Flair stamp set!)

Purchase the Entire Card Kit Here

Party Time Card Kit (G1111)  Click to Purchase
Clear Stamp Stampaganza
Exotic Flower Flair (B1477) $9.95


I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to read my blog.  I hope you were able to play along, or at least have the instructions for a fun and easy card.  I think the blog post took me longer than it did to make the actual card! LOL

Feel free to leave me a comment if you found it interesting, or if you would like to become VIP with me to receive my newsletter and class schedule, CLICK HERE.


Have a wonderful Thursday!
AKA Sosa's Wife


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare. Love that you give instructions for recreating your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tracey, you should have seen the light bulb that went on in my head when I saw what colors you guys chose! :) Thank you for taking the time to leave such sweet comments! ~Elise

      Delete
  2. Fabulous adaptation of the Party Time Kit! I love that Exotic Flower stamp and how you used it as a backdrop for the two toned Happy Birthday Thin Cut. You did a wonderful job of completing this week's Color Dare challenge. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us. Please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, such sweet comments! I had a lot of fun with this stamp set, and the colors this week for sure! I appreciate you taking time to leave a comment; I plan on participating more! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! :) Cheers! ~Elise

      Delete
  3. Super cute card, Elise! I bet that silver embossing is even more stunning in person! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan! And it's funny that you say that about the silver embossing, it actually made it look and FEEL like embossed leather! ~Elise

      Delete
  4. I love this stamp, it makes such an elegant cards just by itself and heat embossing...also love the little bit of pink peeking out around the black background. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear there's another fan of this stamp Sue! :) I definitely wanted it to be the star, so I wanted to limit the pink (LOL, plus, it's such an oversized stamp, that there wasn't too much room on an A2 card for too much more! LOL) I appreciate you taking the time to leave such sweet comments! ~Elise

      Delete
  5. Loved your step by step tutorial. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing @ Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment! I enjoy the Color My Heart Color Dare challenges, because it definitely gets me to think out of the box with color combos! I'm glad you found my tutorial helpful. I'm definitely looking forward to the next challenge! :) ~Elise

      Delete