Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thank You So Much!

Glitter card thincuts handmade card

Sometimes when "Life gives you Lemons, you make Lemonade"

That song is going through my head and was so fun and catchy to hear Alex Boye sing it at our recent Close To My Heart convention.  Such a catchy tune that's for sure!

Up today, I had to share a card I created for dual reasons.  The best part is, that I've been using up my stash!  If you recognize the 2 papers used here, and you can accurately identify them, I'll send you a FREE card set for you to create your own! Just leave a comment and I'll pick a winner next Saturday, July 22.

So not only was this card a Thank You for a gift I received, but recently I was rushed to the ER after ingesting avocado from a local restaurant in a dish that wasn't supposed to have a big chunk of avocado.  (Even after I mentioned to them I was allergic to avocados!  Hmmm...) 

Once the word got out, I was so overwhelmed with the outreach and pouring of support from friends and family and customers and followers of the like! Everyone sending me prayers and virtual hugs and get well wishes, it only seemed appropriate to create a Thank You card during my recovery and post it on social media. Yes, I could have just posted "THANK YOU", but I'm a creator! LOL... why not make a beautiful quick and easy card with fun, bright colors... more eye catchy, right??


So, because I knew I was mailing it and I didn't want to have to pay the extra postage, I used my Close To My Heart Thin Cuts metal die!  I had seen this technique somewhere on Instagram. (Quite often Instagram can be a very cool resource because there are so many talented people, and it's just fun to take about 15 min out of the day just to see what everyone is creating for either inspiration, or to see what the latest and greatest is! Are you following me @ScarletteDesigns)

As you can see above, you cut out the image in 2 different mediums, and in this case, I chose to use the black glitter paper from CTMH, and just regular White Daisy cardstock.  Then the magic of it all? Put it back together like a puzzle, and you've got a "flat" card with "dimension" and texture for the eye and for those that love to "touch" :) 

I added a few Bitty sparkles, a little bit of Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder in fine detail, and voila! Instant card, CAS, and mailed out for the regular $0.49 postage!

I love reading your comments, and if you try this technique, or have questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment! Don't forget, if you are the first person that can accurately tell me which 2 paper sets I used to create this card, I'll send you a free card kit to create your very own!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Buy Scrapbook Card Supplies

(AKA Sosa's Wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment