Friday, October 10, 2014

The Everything ABC Blog Hop Letter "U"



Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog Hop!

For this hop we will be featuring the letter "U". This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their "U" element will be featured in their post.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog ~ Scrappy Therapy 

If you came from Allie Gower- Chaska Card Company then you're on the right track!

For the letter "U" I chose to use the "Urban" Alphabet stamp set and Umbrellas (Parasol is the name of the tiny umbrella stamp set).**Complete list of products are listed at the bottom of the post.

I guess you could say I got a little carried away! I wanted something fun and bright, especially since we're headed into the Holiday seasons, and we'll be seeing a lot of beautiful Autumn colors, so I know there are plenty of Baby Showers and Bridal Showers coming up, so why not use the Close to My Heart Exclusive Brushed Paper line and create Shower gifts?!?  Below I've created a journal for you, and a small gift purse that you can create from ONE (1) sheet of paper! Yep! (well, one sheet and a zip strip from another complementary sheet! LOL)

 

I stamped both "ELISE" and "BABY" in Black ink using the Urban Alphabet Stamp.  Then I used a metallic pitt pen to add the green dots to the letters on the journal, just to help them pop a little.



As you can see in the close up of the Umbrella/Parasol, you can see that it was pieced together rather than coloring it in; I just liked the idea of giving it that fabric look, so yes, i got caught up with "fussy cutting" just for that perfect look I was after! Didn't take that long though, so after I was done, I love the way it turned out!


Just a few more close ups of both the purse and the journal.  I plan to load up the purse with either essential travel size bath/shampoo and lotions, or a baby wash cloth and some gift cards! (This could even be perfect for the Mom-to-be to give out game prizes at the shower!)




You've made it! I am the final stop on the blog hop! Hope you've been inspired by all of the projects, samples, tips and artwork you've seen for our Letter "U"!

In case you get lost along the way…go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!
(Don't forget to leave comments along the way! We sure do appreciate it!)

~Elise



10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I love that alphabet too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet- I love your paper pieced parasol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! It was a lot of fun making it! (And fairly easy!)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful projects! The journal and the cards turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. The steps are simple to follow and you end up with a beautiful card. Enjoyed the use of the different techniques. I experimented as well. Loved the colors used on the umbrella. Definitely enjoyed this and look forward to other blog hops you may participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of the letter U. Such a pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the parasol/umbrella! So gorgeous, clean, and fantastically cute!

    ReplyDelete